For my friends who always order extra guac…
…this recipe is for you.
If you’re like “ew, WTF, avocado ice cream!? No thanks, I prefer my desserts sweet and chocolatey.” – then stop reading and go here. 😉
For those of you who are still with me – this recipe is a 4-ingredient, vegan delight. It’s extremely simple to make and doesn’t even involve an ice cream churn. With that being said, it freezes very hard so I find it best served after being chilled for about 4 hours. Anything longer and you may have to let it thaw a bit before digging in. I topped mine with semi-sweet chocolate chips and coconut flakes but roasted pistachios or dried cherries would also be delicious.
- 2 avocados
- 1 can of coconut milk (13.5 oz)
- 1 teaspoon of lime juice
- 1/3 cup of brown rice syrup
- optional toppings: chocolate chips, coconut flakes
- Place the can of coconut milk in the fridge overnight.
- Cut the avocados in half, remove the pit and spoon out the avocado flesh.
- Blend the avocado and lime juice together in a food processor until its smooth and creamy.
- Open the coconut milk can upside down, so that the hard cream is on the top.
- Spoon out the coconut cream (until you reach the coconut water).
- Whip the coconut cream in a bowl with a hand mixer until it's soft and whipped.
- Fold in the avocado cream and brown rice syrup. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Spoon the ice cream into a freezer-safe container.
- Place the container in the freezer for at least 4 hours.