Monday’s are hard but chocolate pies don’t have to be.
A few weeks ago, Stacey, Abbye and I put on our best domestic aprons and made Sunday dinner. While Stacey roasted an entire chicken (recipe here) and Abbye whipped up a delicious batch of dressed up brussels – I took the easy (less healthier) route with a no frills chocolate pie. Don’t let its boring appearance fool you. I’m sure you’re like – “Bree, couldn’t you have added some whip cream or chocolate shavings to spruce it up a bit? You lazy thing you” Well, I could have but when you’re serving it with Jeni’s Ice Cream, no other additions are needed. 😉
Whether your pulling together a last minute dinner party or just having a mid-week chocolate craving, this recipe is easy as pie.
- 1 pie shell
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ½ cup butter (1 stick)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt stick of butter and let cool.
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Pour batter into a pie shell and bake for about 35 minutes.
- Top with a scoop of your favorite ice cream and enjoy!